Compound effect: Why should you never underestimate the power of compounding.

Domino effect: 🁭🁯 Do you know about the domino effect? If you know about it, then we'll done if you don't then let me explain. So, in the book 'The One Thing' by Gary Keller. He mentions that " In 1983, Lorne Whitehead wrote in the American Journal of Physics that he’d discovered that domino falls could not only topple many things, but they could also topple bigger things. He described how a single domino is capable of bringing down another domino that is actually 50 per cent larger. " You won't understand the power of the domino effect by a simple definition so let me explain it to you. Consider a domino 2 inches tall. So according to the definition, a domino can bring down another domino which is 50 percent larger. So the 2-inch domino can bring down a 3-inch domino and the 3-inch domino can bring down a 4.5-inch domino.  It's a geometric progression and you will be surprised to know that the 17th domino can topple a domino almost the size of the L

5 things I learnt after 6 months of meditation

I have finally completed my 6 months of meditation. Yes! What a journey it had been.
                      this is my stats

How I started Meditation?
It started in almost in the month of September and now it's April, I missed some days in between.

I started meditation just because I wanted to become a Sigma male who is non reactive in nature. It is just to look cool among my friends.

Then slowly I started learning more and then I realised that ,"Okay meditation is not giving me any benefits just because I am not getting anywhere close to a Sigma male."

But I still kept on meditating.

Fast forward a few days and now my main aim of meditation was to become calm. This motive was also not to far from being a non reactive person. But this time it was a bit different.

I started to read about meditation, watch tutorials on meditation and learn more about meditation through podcasts, videos etc.

Coincidentally, I found Hamza on YouTube and it is then that I realised that meditation is not for being calmer or being happier it is about being in the present moment which leads us to being more happier and focused.


What I learnt through meditation?
Now let's get to the main part, after discovering Hamza on YouTube I don't know whether it's coincidence or compound effect that I started to notice some results from meditation. 

1) More present in the moment:  
 I used to have problems while talking to girls but now I have such an amazing eye contact with them that even they notice it. (Guys don't get excited that meditation will get you girls! It will not). So meditation made me more present and now it allows me to have a deeper conversation with people.(I still find trouble talking to the elders just because I don't find any topic to discuss about)

2) More patience:
Since it took me more than three months of constant meditation to see results so I started believing more in having patience and working on something for a long stretch of time without noticing any changes because now I can confidently say that good things take time.

3) Learnt the power of compound effect:

This is the most important thing I learnt from meditation. Meditation assured me that compound effect is real and when you start the phase of success then you become unstoppable.

4) Made me stick to the basics:

I used to have a toxic way of practicing self development. I used to watch hours of youtubers explaining how to be calm under pressure but I never learnt to use those teachings in real life. But through meditation I started to become more calmer during stressful situations and hence I learnt that by sticking to the basics and improving our mental health one can achieve a lot without having the need of some fancy character development course or video.

5) How to cope better with stress:

As already mentioned above, I learnt to cope better with stress. I learnt that during stressful situations reacting with our emotions isn't beneficial instead take a deep breath and use logic to find a suitable solution to those problems.

How I practice Meditation?

I don't usually follow the wake up and meditate practice. Instead I gave it a specific time which suited me the most. 

I usually remain a bit motivated when I wake up and also a bit more focused so I don't practice meditation during the morning. Instead I practice meditation during the evening when I usually get less focused and procrastinate a lot.

So during the evening time I sit on my bed and meditate for about 5-15 mins ( I don't meditate for 30 mins like some of those influencers). Then I sit for about 10 mins and re-gather my thoughts and think about my goals. This gives me another boost of meditation for the night.

So instead of following the general practice, I have strategically placed a time slot for meditation which benefits me.

Did meditation gave me superpowers?

Well after practicing meditation for 6 months I understood that it won't give you superpowers unless you decide to dedicate your whole life to it. It's not possible for my general public.

Some monks sometimes practice meditation for almost 6 hours in a day. 3 hours during meditation and 3 hours before going to bed. 

Such serious practice for such a long stretch of time wil surely give one the power to control the wandering thoughts and develop intense focus and will enable one to gain success faster in everything he does (Literally everything! this also includes chopping vegetables!)

A little learning is a dangerous thing:

If you have read till this far then you should check out my other article about meditation because it wil teach you what to expect after practicing meditation


Conclusion:

1) I started meditation from the month of September 2021.

2) I noticed the first results after 3 months of meditation.

3) Things that I learnt:
      a) It makes a man less distracted.
      b) It makes one more present.
      c) It helped me realize that good things            take time.
      d) It helped me realize that sticking to              basics is essential.
      e) Unfortunately it won't give any                        superpowers unless one devotes                   one's entire life to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The advantage that males have

Mindfulness - It changes everything

Why you shouldn't focus on the results