Compound effect: Why should you never underestimate the power of compounding.

Domino effect: 🁭🁯 Do you know about the domino effect? If you know about it, then we'll done if you don't then let me explain. So, in the book 'The One Thing' by Gary Keller. He mentions that " In 1983, Lorne Whitehead wrote in the American Journal of Physics that he’d discovered that domino falls could not only topple many things, but they could also topple bigger things. He described how a single domino is capable of bringing down another domino that is actually 50 per cent larger. " You won't understand the power of the domino effect by a simple definition so let me explain it to you. Consider a domino 2 inches tall. So according to the definition, a domino can bring down another domino which is 50 percent larger. So the 2-inch domino can bring down a 3-inch domino and the 3-inch domino can bring down a 4.5-inch domino.  It's a geometric progression and you will be surprised to know that the 17th domino can topple a domino almost the size of the L

What I learnt after 6 months of journaling

There's a gift from me at the end of the blog so don't skip the blog and read till the end

As a fond believer in the powers of journaling, I have finally completed my 6 months of journaling. Journaling has become a part of my day now.

I started journaling just when I started to meditate i.e. almost in about September 2021. And now it's April and almost 7 months have passed but I have missed some days in between so I will consider it to be 6 months.

My journey with journaling:

I started journaling just to express my thoughts on paper and have a calmer mind free from all thoughts which keep on repeating in my brain.

In this journaling practice, I used to write about my anger, my stress, my problems etc. and this journaling practice has helped me to deal with my problems.

It's easy to explain with examples so here's one: 
Whenever I had a problem then I would be tensed for hours but then I would suddenly remember about journaling and then take my journal and write down my problems and think bout my problems from a logical perspective instead of an emotional perspective (Trust me many problems are solved when you think logically).

Another day my parents were fighting (verbally btw). I was so angry that day because in my head I was just thinking, "Why can't my parents live with unity and gracefully, why do they need to fight every day on trivial matters and who share I share my thoughts with !" I was so angry because I had no one to share my problems with, so I just took out my journal and started writing about how I felt and how to some this problem and then I felt so light because the weight of that thought had finally come down as words on paper.

Now to the main point

What did journaling teach me:

Journaling taught me to be grateful
I started practising gratitude journaling after I found out Hamza on YouTube and I thought, "Why not give it a try." 
Then I started gratitude journaling, I wrote about what I was grateful for and it gave me a lot of optimism that life isn't bad, we just forget to focus on the good things that happen to us daily.

I learnt how to clear mental waste
Journaling gave me a way to express my thoughts on paper and it helped me to improve my mental health because now the thoughts which were roaming in my head were on paper.

Journaling taught me how to think positively
People love to stay around positive people because they find something good even in the worst situation. This is what journaling did to me, I just find something good in every bad situation.

So these are the teachings that I got from mourning

When should I practice journaling
Practice at any time of the day it's up to you but I generally practice it after I wake up and brush my teeth. This gives my day a positive start.

I won't stretch the blog any further and give you a little gift at the end, from journaling you will learn to think positively and believe that life isn't completely bad after all. This is the main teaching that I learned from journaling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The advantage that males have

Mindfulness - It changes everything

Why you shouldn't focus on the results