Compound effect: Why should you never underestimate the power of compounding.

Domino effect: 🁭🁯 Do you know about the domino effect? If you know about it, then we'll done if you don't then let me explain. So, in the book 'The One Thing' by Gary Keller. He mentions that " In 1983, Lorne Whitehead wrote in the American Journal of Physics that he’d discovered that domino falls could not only topple many things, but they could also topple bigger things. He described how a single domino is capable of bringing down another domino that is actually 50 per cent larger. " You won't understand the power of the domino effect by a simple definition so let me explain it to you. Consider a domino 2 inches tall. So according to the definition, a domino can bring down another domino which is 50 percent larger. So the 2-inch domino can bring down a 3-inch domino and the 3-inch domino can bring down a 4.5-inch domino.  It's a geometric progression and you will be surprised to know that the 17th domino can topple a domino almost the size of the L

Why you shouldn't focus on the results

Think of this situation 
'A guy creates a YouTube channel, creates 4-5 videos in total checked the channel analytics, didn't see any results.
Another guy starts a youtube channel but he makes it a goal to publish 1-2 videos each day despite the views'

Who do you think will quit earlier the first guy or the second one. It's mostly the first guy.
                             WHY?
Because the first guy focused on the results and not on the process.

Why does focusing on results won't work?


Look, the result of an outcome can't be controlled by our own will but it can be influenced by our actions.

If you just focus on what you need to do and don't focus on 'why do I don't see any results?' then you are most likely not to quit easily.

My blogs don't get many views but do you think it would stop me. No, because I have made up my mind that I will publish blogs for at least 2 years at a minimum and that too without expecting any results because I can't control the result I just can influence them.

Many people quit exercising very quickly because they start exercising for a few days and after a few days when they see that the results are not there they will just lose hope and leave exercising. 
I will tell you guys something about me now, I started my exercise journey and started exercising almost every day without fail and now I have the best physique in my school.

Most people quit meditation because they don't see the results, they complain that they don't have 0 thoughts while meditating.

For those guys, I would like to say, " Dude just show up every day to exercise or meditate without expecting any results in the beginning" 

With this mentality, you will not be disappointed when you don't see the result and when you do see the results you will be very surprised.

With this mentality, I have been able to continue exercising for more than a year and practice meditation for more than 6 months.

So, that's the key. Instead of focusing on results focus on the process without expecting any results and once you start enjoying the process no one can stop you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The advantage that males have

Mindfulness - It changes everything